Young Professional Trainee - NIRAS’ Young Professional Academy (2017 -2019)
NIRAS is again looking for talented and highly motivated graduates with relevant first working experiences and the passion for pursuing an international career within development consulting for NIRAS’ Young Professional Academy (NYPA). The NYPA is a fast-track on the job training and learning programme. It’s a 2 years programme in which the trainee will acquire a wide range of hands-on practical experience as well as project management and tendering skills.
NIRAS is a consultancy company with over 1,400 permanent staff based in offices around Europe, Africa and Asia. NIRAS’ expertise range from sustainable natural resources management to engineering, infrastructure, green economy, energy, water, agriculture, forestry, governance, vocational education, land and rural development. At NIRAS International Consulting (NIC), a NIRAS business unit , you will have the opportunity to grow professionally and contribute to making an impact in development. You will work with more than 250 in-house development professionals and reach more than 20,000 experts through our state of the art tools.
NIC prides itself as one of Europe’s leading international consulting companies and service provider with over 40 years of experience in development cooperation. Annually, we undertake over 250 assignments in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America and our operations are growing steadily. Much of our work consists of implementing large, long-term and multidisciplinary development programmes often in challenging environments. Our clients include Danida (Denmark), the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, Sida (Sweden), KfW and GIZ (Germany), SDC (Switzerland), NORAD (Norway), the European Commission, the Nordic Development Fund, the African Development Bank, the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the European Investment Bank, UN organisations and national ministries. Building on our motto - we listen, we learn, we deliver – we continuously expand our position as our clients’ trusted partner in economically, environmentally and socially sustainable development. See more at: http://www.niras.com/dc .
Training Scheme Format
The Young Professional (YP) enters as a trainee and moves forward passing various stages. YPs must pass each stage to fully complete the programme. Upon completion, outstanding YPs will be offered a NIRAS permanent staff position, subject to job openings at the time .
• Location: The NIRAS YPs will have their base at NIRAS’ office in the lively city, Belgrade, from where they will travel on many exiting short-term assignments, working in other NIRAS offices and/ or projects worldwide.
• Subject to the circumstances at the time, the last six months, YPs may be asked to move to move to one of NIRAS’ other European offices.
• Training: YPs will be following training sessions related to NICs three carrier paths, i.e. tendering, project management and consultancy and will be integrated into a working group of his/ her respective technical area (if applicable). Trainers are NIC staff with thorough hands-on experience regarding the processes and topics presented. The training sessions are supported by extensive hands-on learning ensuring that YPs are exposed to practical work on all processes within particularly tendering and project management at either NIRAS offices or through international field work. Hands-on learning will be supervised by permanent NIC staff. Through the programme YPs will also receive knowledge on a large variety of Clients’ procedures whom NIRAS tenders and works for.
• Mentoring: Each YP will be assigned to a mentor from a “Mentoring office” in Europe (Sweden, Finland, Denmark or Germany) to ensure integration and professional development in NIRAS
More detailed information of NYPA is available at: http://www.niras.com/business-areas/development-consulting/nypa.aspx
Qualifications Required Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
*Only shortlisted candidates meeting the below qualification criteria will be contacted*
• Master's degree in a discipline relevant to the competence areas and operations of NIC. Prioritized technical areas are: Agriculture, water/waste water, energy, monitoring & evaluation, fund management, public sector reform. Competences in the following areas would also be an asset: Climate change and disaster risk reduction, technical and vocational education and training , employment promotion and development economics,
• Excellent spoken and written English is a requirement. Working knowledge in German, French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic are an advantage,
• An open minded personality, used to or ready to learn to work with different groups and nationalities, always showing respect for all,
• A flexible mind-set, especially when it comes to taking up travel with short notice,
• In addition, NIRAS values highly motivated individuals with dynamic personality and a positive attitude.
Professional Experience Required
One to three years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation (e.g. as internships in consulting firms, voluntary organisations, NGOs, development agencies, foreign ministries, bilateral or multilateral organisations or other work abroad),
May/ June 2017
Deadline For Applications
Apply for this job
If you have already registered your CV in the NIRAS CV database, please login first.
Type in your e-mail address and we will send you a login link.