Team Leader (Design, preparation of tender documents and tendering phase)
Uganda, East Africa
The Wakiso West Water Supply and Sanitation project will provide access to safe and clean water for people in the area and sanitation and reduced environmental impact on Lake Victoria. The project is Danida Business Finance (DBF) project with the implementing partner of National Water and Sewage Corporation (NWSC) in Uganda. The project helps address these needs by construction of a 62,500 m3/day Water Treatment Plant
(WTP), water intake from Lake Victoria, installation of the main and secondary system of water pipes,
and construction of a 400 m3/day Faecal Sludge Treatment Plant. It also includes a 2.95 MW capacity
Solar energy-plant to cover parts of the electricity needs of the WTP, STP, and pumping stations.
The works contractor selected will finalize the design, build the project and hand over to NWSC for operations. During construction, the supervision engineer will support NWSC to undertake monitoring of the implementation and general performance of the contractor, including adherence to IFC standards. The consultant will monitor implementation and undertake verification at take-over/ end of defect liability.
We are looking for an accomplished team leader who will be in charge of the team and establish the following tasks;
• Management of the design review, detailed designs and approval process,
• Ensuring the preparation of tender documents and tendering activities ,
• Management of inputs and planning and managing the activities and tasks
• Reporting to the NIRAS HQ Project Management unit
Qualifications requiredOnly the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
• Master Degree in a relevant engineering subject.
• Good level of English
Professional experience required
• 15+ years post graduate relevant experience in engineering consultancy, including at least 5 years working in developing countries
• 10+ years’ experience in water supply implementation
• At least 2 earlier assignment as a team leader for design components
• Experience in sub Saharan Africa is an advantage
• Experience of large Water Treatment Facilities is an advantage
• Experience on design, preparation of tender documents and tendering infrastructure projects is an advantage according to FIDIC Conditions of Contract – Red and Yellow Book
• Experience of implementing IFI projects is an advantage
75% of the time over 24 months
Deadline For Applications
Apply for this job
If you have already registered your CV in the NIRAS CV database, please login first.
Type in your e-mail address and we will send you a login link.
If you have not yet registered your CV in our database, please register now.Register now