Chief Resident Engineer / Team Leader ( Supervision and DNP)
Uganda, East Africa
The Wakiso West Water Supply and Sanitation project will provide access to safe and clean water for people in the area and sanitation and reduced environmental impact on Lake Victoria. The project is Danida Business Finance (DBF) project with the implementing partner of National Water and Sewage Corporation (NWSC) in Uganda. The project helps address these needs by construction of a 62,500 m3/day Water Treatment Plant
(WTP), water intake from Lake Victoria, installation of the main and secondary system of water pipes,
and construction of a 400 m3/day Faecal Sludge Treatment Plant.
The works contractor selected will finalize the design, build the project and hand over to NWSC for operations. During construction, the supervision engineer will support NWSC to undertake monitoring of the implementation and general performance of the contractor, including adherence to IFC standards. The consultant will monitor implementation and undertake verification at take-over/ end of defect liability.
We are looking for a chief resident engineer ( international ) who will be based in Kampala and will be reporting to the assigned project manager in NIRAS. Resident engineer will be in charge of the following tasks:
• Overall management of the construction supervision
• Act in the role of “The Engineer” under the FIDIC contract.
Qualifications requiredOnly the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
• Master Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (general engineering, civil, mechanical or electrical).
• Good level of English
Professional experience required
• 15+ years post graduate relevant experience in engineering consultancy with min. 10 years from developing countries
• 10+ years’ experience in water supply implementation
• Min. 3 prior assignment as a resident engineer on a large infrastructure project
• Experience as a Resident Engineer or Team Leader on large water supply project construction is an advantage
• Experience as Resident Engineer or Team Leader on FIDIC Yellow Book and FIDIC Red Book contracts is an advantage
• Experience in sub Saharan Africa is an advantage
• Experience from DANIDA (DSIF/DBF) infrastructure assignment is an advantage
possibly 36 to 48 months
Deadline For Applications
Apply for this job
If you have already registered your CV in the NIRAS CV database, please login first.
Type in your e-mail address and we will send you a login link.
If you have not yet registered your CV in our database, please register now.Register now