Environmental Expert (Pakistan)
Pakistan, South and East Asia
“Consultancy Services for Preparation of Preliminary Design, Tender Documents, and Construction Supervision of Eastern Waste Water Treatment Plant (44 MGD) of Faisalabad City (Phase-I).”
MOU was signed between the Government of Punjab through the Water & Sanitation Agency (WASA), Faisalabad, and the Danish Embassy in Islamabad on collaboration between the Pakistani and Danish governments on construction of wastewater treatment project in Faisalabad. The Faisalabad East WWTP will reduce the pollution load discharged to the Madhuana Drainage channel by treating domestic and industrial wastewater from Channel No. 4 sub-catchment in the eastern part of the city. Treated effluent will be discharged to the Gugera Branch Irrigation Canal for agricultural reuse.
In the scope of work the consultant will conduct Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (EISA) of proposed WWTP at Madhuana site and associated inlet and effluent pumping activities. We are looking for a dedicated Environmental and Social Expert to conduct the following tasks:
- Conducting full-fledged EIA in compliance with local and international requirements including IFC performance standards/EHS guidelines and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. on Environmental and Social Sustainability.
- Assisting WASA, in implementation of Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPs), Resettlement Plans (RPs) and other environmental and social reports as per DSIF guidelines.
Qualifications requiredOnly the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences or civil/environmental engineering or other relevant discipline
- Good command of written and spoken English
Professional experience required
- At least 10 years of experience in environmental , health and safety and social issues on infrastructure projects
- Operational knowledge of IFC Social and Environmental Performance Standards
- Resettlement experience would be an advantage
- Experience in formulation, inspection and supervision of implementation of environmental and social mitigation and management plans and review and implementation of environmental safeguard documentation
- Expected in Q1 2022
Deadline For Applications
Apply for this job
If you have already registered your CV in the NIRAS CV database, please login first.
Type in your e-mail address and we will send you a login link.
If you have not yet registered your CV in our database, please register now.Register now