Kenya, East Africa
The project aims to improve the Kenyan youth’s employability and to ensure that their skills meet the demands of the labor market. This shall be realized by providing high-quality, practice-oriented TVET that incorporates state-of-the-art, industry-oriented equipment, infrastructure measures, development of practice- and labor-market oriented occupational standards, curricula and training materials, as well as training / advisory support to TVET institution staff.
Phase II of the project targets four selected Institutions located at the Lake Basin regions:
- BUMBE TTI shall be developed into a Center of Excellence (CoE) for Automotive Repair and Maintenance and Plumbing;
- KITALE National Polytechnic shall be developed into a CoE for (Regenerative) Energy and Plumbing;
- RAMOGI Institute of Advanced Technology shall be developed into a CoE for ICT;
- EKERUBO EGIETAI TTI shall be developed to a CoE for (Regenerative) Energy and Plumbing;
Qualifications requiredOnly the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
• Hold an advanced degree in architecture, civil engineering, education, project management or related field
Professional experience required
• At least 10 years’ experience in assignments related to strengthening national education and TVET systems
• At least 7 years’ experience in management of development cooperation projects, preferably bank-funded projects (KfW, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, etc.)
• At least 5 years’ experience in management of construction and refurbishment of TVET schools
• Experience in quality control in the different areas of the envisaged consultancy services, including:
- civil works and construction/refurbishment,
- procurement of TVET equipment or construction services,
- technical capacity building,
• Experience in leading diverse teams of experts, including deployment planning and management
• Knowledge and/or experience with ESHS (Environmental and Social and Health and Safety) of KfW is an advantage
Deadline For Applications
Apply for this job
If you have already registered your CV in the NIRAS CV database, please login first.
Type in your e-mail address and we will send you a login link.
If you have not yet registered your CV in our database, please register now.Register now