International Wastewater Treatment Specialist (Pakistan)
Pakistan, South and East Asia
“Consultancy Services for Preparation of Preliminary Design, Tender Documents, and Construction Supervision of Eastern Waste Water Treatment Plant (44 MGD) of Faisalabad City (Phase-I).”
MOU was signed between the Government of Punjab through the Water & Sanitation Agency (WASA), Faisalabad, and the Danish Embassy in Islamabad on collaboration between the Pakistani and Danish governments on construction of wastewater treatment project in Faisalabad. The Faisalabad East WWTP will reduce the pollution load discharged to the Madhuana Drainage channel by treating domestic and industrial wastewater from Channel No. 4 sub-catchment in the eastern part of the city. Treated effluent will be discharged to the Gugera Branch Irrigation Canal for agricultural reuse.
We are looking for an experienced wastewater treatment specialist to get involved in this project who will be working on the below tasks for
- Review, update and finalize concept / preliminary engineering design.
- Prepare tender documents (technical content and cost estimations) adhering to DSIF “Rules of Procurement”, UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability.
- Review, finalize and validate design submitted by contractor company including all kinds of reports, estimates and drawings.
- Inputs in Monitoring, Supervision, testing and commissioning of the project.
- Review and finalize Operational Manuals submitted by contractor company.
Qualifications requiredOnly the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering/ sanitation engineering or other relevant discipline
Professional experience required
- at least 5 years’ experience on an international project
- At least 10 years relevant experience in wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) design
- experience in WWTP Based on Trickling filter technology) will be an advantage
- experience in WWTP having a capacity of at least 100,000 m3/d or larger will be an advantage
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Possibly 48 months with 12 man-months input
- September 2021
Deadline For Applications
Apply for this job
If you have already registered your CV in the NIRAS CV database, please login first.
Type in your e-mail address and we will send you a login link.
If you have not yet registered your CV in our database, please register now.Register now