International Team Leader for Design/Tendering services (Wastewater, Pakistan)
Pakistan, South and East Asia
“Consultancy Services for Preparation of Preliminary Design, Tender Documents, and Construction Supervision of Eastern Waste Water Treatment Plant (44 MGD) of Faisalabad City (Phase-I).”
MOU was signed between the Government of Punjab through the Water & Sanitation Agency (WASA), Faisalabad, and the Danish Embassy in Islamabad on collaboration between the Pakistani and Danish governments on construction of wastewater treatment project in Faisalabad. The Faisalabad East WWTP will reduce the pollution load discharged to the Madhuana Drainage channel by treating domestic and industrial wastewater from Channel No. 4 sub-catchment in the eastern part of the city. Treated effluent will be discharged to the Gugera Branch Irrigation Canal for agricultural reuse.
We are looking for a dedicated team leader (TL) for the contract to be in charge of the tasks which majorly include the following:
- Review, update and finalize concept / preliminary engineering design.
- Prepare tender documents adhering to DSIF “Rules of Procurement”, UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability.
- Assist F-WASA to carry out the complete tendering process to recruit the contractor company.
- Provide assistance to F-WASA’s Project Management Unit (PMU) in the overall project management and implementation.
- Review, finalize and validate design submitted by contractor company including all kinds of reports, estimates and drawings.
- Monitoring, Supervision, testing and commissioning of the project.
- Review, finalize and approve Operational Manuals submitted by contractor company.
- Perform all the obligations as stated in FIDIC Conditions of Contract.
- Assist F-WASA, in implementation of Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPs), Resettlement Plans (RPs) and other environmental and social reports as per DSIF guidelines.
Qualifications requiredOnly the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in sanitation engineering/environmental engineering or similar relevant for the assignment
Professional experience required
- minimum 15 years of Design & Tender preparation experience in wastewater treatment projects,
- at least 5 years’ experience on an international project
- Experience in FIDIC yellow contracts as a team leader
- Experience in developing countries in water sector will be an advantage.
- Experience in DANIDA projects will be an advantage.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Possibly 48 months (with 36 man-months input)
- September 2021
Deadline For Applications
Apply for this job
If you have already registered your CV in the NIRAS CV database, please login first.
Type in your e-mail address and we will send you a login link.
If you have not yet registered your CV in our database, please register now.Register now