Team Leader (Senior Long Term Technical Assistance) - Key Expert 1
The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat and the European Union (EU) are launching an Intra African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Global Climate Change Alliance Plus (GCCA+) programme to strengthen capacity of SADC Member States to undertake climate change adaptation and mitigation interventions. With the support of funding under this Action, the Secretariat will focus on:
• Strengthen the capacity of SADC Member States (MS) to undertake regional and national adaptation and mitigation actions in response to the challenges caused by the effects of global climate change and climate variability;
• Facilitate implementation of the provisions of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change in SADC MS;
• Facilitate sharing of knowledge and experience with other ACP regional organisations, including South-South Cooperation;
• Assist to design pilot projects on adaptation in 5 MS; and
• Support Universities and Research Centres from the SADC Region in the development of innovative solutions to climate change challenges
Qualifications requiredOnly the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
University Degree in natural resources management, development economics, social or economic sciences or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in the climate change and development nexus issues (e.g. mainstreaming of CC, adaptation, mitigation, low carbon development, reduction of vulnerability of natural and human systems). This may also include supporting the negotiations and actions under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, the related strategies such National Adaptation Planning process (NAPs), Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs), the resilience and disaster risk international agenda.
- Experience on institutional strengthening, climate change financing, budget support modalities is an asset.
- A good understanding of EU development assistance and/or EU Member States financing mechanisms for development and financial regulations governing their budgets is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of the project cycle management.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills.
- Ability to take initiatives and to work in a fast track and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is compulsory.
Professional experience required
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of professional experience in project management.
- Work experience with international donors and other public, non-state or private actors in developing countries.
Specific professional experience
- At least 6 years' experience in managing consultancy works in the area of climate, environment and natural resources.
- At least 3 years' experience as team leader in international development projects.
- Experience in participatory and consultative processes, including facilitating workshops, stakeholder consultations, and policy reform processes.
- Work experience in Southern African countries and other regions and/or countries that are relevant to the GCCA+, particularly.
700 wd during 36 month
First quarter of 2020 (tentative estimate)
Deadline For Applications
Apply for this job
If you have already registered your CV in the NIRAS CV database, please login first.
Type in your e-mail address and we will send you a login link.
If you have not yet registered your CV in our database, please register now.Register now