NIRAS is looking for qualified Team Leader to lead the TA to the ACP Secretariat in the Management of the ACP-EU Programmeto strengthen Research and Innovation Capacity in the ACP countries.
The Team Leader will steer the Technical Assistance Unit support to the implementation of the programme; specifically, it will be tasked to:
1.Support the ACP Secretariat for the administrative, technical and financial management of the whole programme and related grant contracts;
2.Develop and operationalise the ACP Research and Innovation Hub;
3.Establish and operationalise the ACP Research and Innovation Policy Support Facility;
4.Design and implement the programme's outreach, communication and visibility strategy;
5.Design and implement the programme's Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework.
Qualifications requiredOnly the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
• University degree (of a minimum of four (4) years study in a university) in relevant field (e.g. economics, business, marketing, finance, innovation management, engineering)
• Excellent written and spoken English required
• Good written and spoken French required
• Excellent management skills.
• Relevant experience in any of the ACP areas: Africa, Caribbean, Pacific
Professional experience required
General professional experience
Minimum 15 years of post-graduate experience in the research or innovation sector, or other sectors relevant to the program (institutional development, fund management, etc.).
Specific professional experience
• At least 5 years working in research or innovation sector.
• Experience of managing Call for Proposals out of which at least one Call for Proposal process in R&I
• Knowledge and experience of European Development Fund (EDF) rules and procedures
• The expert must possess management skills demonstrated by experience in leading at least 3 international projects of at least 2 years/each out of which 2 are EU projects.
• Experience in institutional capacity building.
November 2019 *indicative
Deadline For Applications
Apply for this job
If you have already registered your CV in the NIRAS CV database, please login first.
Type in your e-mail address and we will send you a login link.
If you have not yet registered your CV in our database, please register now.Register now