Communications and MEL Expert
The Communications/ MEL/ Innovations Expert will be part of the Technical Assistance Unit that will support the implementation of the programme; specifically, the Unit will be tasked to:
1.Support the ACP Secretariat for the administrative, technical and financial management of the whole programme and related grant contracts;
2.Develop and operationalise the ACP Research and Innovation Hub;
3.Establish and operationalise the ACP Research and Innovation Policy Support Facility;
4.Design and implement the programme's outreach, communication and visibility strategy;
5.Design and implement the programme's Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework.
Qualifications requiredOnly the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
• University degree (of a minimum of four (4) years study in a university) in relevant field (e.g. communication, languages, media, business administration, economics, education, engineering, social sciences)
• Excellent written and spoken English required
• Good written and spoken French required
• Relevant experience in Africa, Caribbean and/or Pacific
Professional experience required
General professional experience
• Minimum 12 years of professional experience in the communications sector or in similar donor-funded projects/programmes in developing countries
Specific professional experience:
• Post-graduate professional experience in at least 2 long-term projects/programmes covering at least some of the following areas: communication strategy, knowledge management, setting up web platform, knowledge creation, support and delivery of knowledge and communication products, organization of meetings and events, design, revision, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of national/regional policies and/or strategies/initiatives that strengthen research and innovation.
• Knowledge of the R&I sector.
• Prior experience with strengthening links between research/academia/universities and private sector is an advantage.
• Prior experience with EU development aid is an advantage
November 2019 *indicative
Deadline For Applications
Apply for this job
If you have already registered your CV in the NIRAS CV database, please login first.
Type in your e-mail address and we will send you a login link.
If you have not yet registered your CV in our database, please register now.Register now